iPad mini 2 (first retina generation) spelling mode issue

iPad mini 2 (first retina generation) spelling mode issue

Postby lrgibs01 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am

Having trouble in spelling mode, but only on my iPad Mini too.

No matter what settings are toggled for spelling, no answer text is shown for wrong answers. If you type the word incorrectly and hit "done", nothing happens, no text shows up. If you hit "done" a second time, the typed text clears, requiring you to retype.

This deck was created on the mini. I exported it to dropbox and imported it to my iPhone (XS max). On that device, the answer text shows, with the first missed letter in red. Here it doesn't seem to matter what the spelling settings are either, the text shows even if all the spelling options are set to off.

I did a full backup from the ipad Mini, and then I deleted the app and reinstalled it, and restored from the backup, with no change in behavior.

Both mini and phone are running iOS 12.

The cards are made by leaving side one blank, side 2 has the word. The sound is placed into the side 1 slot.

The deck option is to show side 1 first.

All of these settings are the same on both the mini and the phone.

Is this a known bug, or is there any suggestion I could try for getting this back to showing the answer text on the mini?
lrgibs01

Re: iPad mini 2 (first retina generation) spelling mode issu

Postby Ernie » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:31 am

Hi,

I don't know. I exported a test deck. To install, tap + (add deck), Private Deck, and use the deck code: spelltest
(There is just one card with "Question" on the front and "Answer" on the back.)

Do you still see the same problem?
If you rotate the iPad to another orientation, and try answering again, does the correct answer show?
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback