Update Suggestion

Update Suggestion

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:48 am

Hey,

first of all: your app is great, I'm using it to improve my language and for history, stylistic devices etc.
But I have one question: Could you include a Push service? At the moment I have to start the app to see how many decks are due (spaced repetition).
It would be nice to see that before starting the app.

What do you think about that?
Danny

Re: Update Suggestion

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:38 am

This would be great, but push service is very tricky and difficult. With OS 4.0, I might be able to do a "local" push service from the background. I will look into this later.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Thank you for the fast feedback.
I think you can manage this :)
I will continue to recommend your app to my condisciples

Regards
Danny

Postby radiator » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Related, when entering a deck to study:

1) email the score summary by having some sort of email button, so when the summary is shown at the end or beginning of a study session, you can email the summary. That email summary could be structured (maybe??) to some automatically accepted calendar event in google. Google would be set via exchange server to sync auto to your calendar on the iphone. At the right time, you would get the summary statistics for study and the reminder. (maybe there is some other way to set active calendar reminders where data in the calendar reminder can be directly updated on the iphone)

2) An email button for a card on the toolbar (or off an easy access menu button which would make sense as you would not use this ALL the time...) to use during actual study so you can send questions to yourself or someone else about a particular card that is being studied.
radiator

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback