Question about statistics shown in Spaced repetitions

Question about statistics shown in Spaced repetitions

Postby transpain » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi,

I've set the study mode to Spaced repetition. Now, regardless of how well or bad I perform in a deck, I can see the statistics "0%, 0" next to the decks name all the time. They do not change. My questions:
1) Shouldn't I be getting some score (which I pressume corresponds to the percentage figure) different to zero? Maybe I haven't turned on some setting for the score tracking?

2) On the other hand, what is the second zero in "0%, 0"?

Thanks.
transpain

Re: Question about statistics shown in Spaced repetitions

Postby norbert » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:59 pm

The 0% indicates your progress. As you have just started it will remain quite some time at 0%, because it relates to how many cards of yours have reached the target interval (See Deck options -> Card Order -> Spaced Repetition Settings). That will be by default 90 days, but in the beginning all your cards have 8h (by default) repetition interval. You have to have some patience and learn your due cards often to get them up! For more details see
http://orangeorapple.com/Flashcards/AboutSR.aspx

Norbert
norbert

Postby Ernie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:59 pm

2) On the other hand, what is the second zero in "0%, 0"?

I think you've turned on the Score display. (Global Options > View > Deck Listing > Score) This is just another way to show your process. The two numbers represent the same thing, just one is a % and the other is a number that can go above 100. See the help in the Deck Listing screen for more info. I would recommend turning that option back off to keep the display simple.

As Norbert said, the 0% will go up, but it takes a while to build up the intervals... but they'll go up as you study your cards. As you study, keep note of each card's interval (especially at beginning) so you can better understand what is going on.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby transpain » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks very much for your detailed explanation. Totally clear now. :-)
transpain

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback