New problem with text alignment

New problem with text alignment

Postby rlpfromak » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:26 pm

After many years of use I have just started having a problem with the text alignment on my cards.

I create my cards using the Quizlet app, copy them from the quizlet.com site in a tab-delimitated text file, and then import them into the Flashcards app on the orangeorapple.com webpage. It works great and the text appears automatically as center-justified. The cards have text on both sides (German vocabulary)

In the past I would occasionally make changes or corrections on a card and there would be no change in the alignment. However I just started noticing that when I make changes to the text on a card the text often changes to left alignment.

I have compared the Font/alignment settings and the Card Layout Settings on decks and there is no difference between decks with cards in which this problem has popped up and with decks in which I have not made any recent changes.

I saw on your website that I can manually change text to center-justified with a <center> and </center> tag but I never had to do that before. The text always remained center-justified

Do you have any idea what I may have done to cause this change?

On an unrelated note, is there an easy way to jump to a particular card in a deck? I can find the text of the card in the “Cards” page but I can’t figure out how to jump to the card in the deck format.

And on a second unrelated note, I saw something in the forum about problems with Quizlet support, but I haven’t had any problems exporting files from that site to Flashcards.
rlpfromak

Re: New problem with text alignment

Postby Ernie » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:37 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the slow reply.

The app's default alignment is "auto". If there are about 4 or less lines of text, text will be centered. If move then 4 lines of text, text will be left justified. When you edit, are you adding text which might push it over the 4 lines? If not, then I have no idea why it would change to left.

You can change alignment:
Deck Options > Font / Alignment > Text Align. Change the problem side to "Center". Hopefully that will fix your problem.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: New problem with text alignment

Postby rlpfromak » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:54 pm

Sorry for my even slower delay to your answer. The card did have more than four lines of text, so that explains my situation. None of my other cards have this much text.
rlpfromak

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback