Two minor bugs maybe

Two minor bugs maybe

Postby kraemder » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:53 pm

I just made a new deck to study for a Korean class I’m taking and double tapping the play audio icon is not toggling the auto play like it should. I checked my regular deck and same thing - it won’t toggle.

I’ve also had a separate issue where the app crashes pretty often on me. I read Korean material on LingQ and I make vocabulary cards as I go in FCD. It crashes pretty sometimes adding a new card. Is this a known bug?

I have to say it’s pretty amazing how long this app had been around and supported. Thanks so much.

*edit* I’m using iOS 16.3.1 on iPhone. The first bug is something I just noticed. The crashing thing is something I’ve just been dealing with for a while. I didn’t mention it before because I can’t reproduce it on command it just happens sometimes.
kraemder

Re: Two minor bugs maybe

Postby Ernie » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:09 am

Hi kraemder,

I don't know why double-tap sound button doesn't work. I would try restarting your device to see if that helps. There is a way to toggle this manually in Deck Options > Sound > Enable Double-Tap.

Where in the app does it usually crash? Is it random? Or does it usually happy on a certain screen or tapping a certain button, for example the "+" button to add a new cards.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby kraemder » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:57 pm

I had no idea this toggle auto play option existed. That fixed it. I wonder how I turned it off but no matter.

As for the crashing it is only when adding new cards. I’m only aware of one screen to do that. From the card list screen you can tap the plus sign to bring up the add new card screen with all the data fields or sides etc. At the top of the screen is a plus sign yo add another card. I just hang out in this screen adding cards until it crashes. It only crashes when I tap the + to add a new card.
kraemder

Postby kraemder » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:42 am

Well you didn’t reply here but I noticed the crashing completely stopped. I assumed you updated the app?
kraemder

Postby Ernie » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:08 am

Hi kraemder,

Sorry for never responding. I was not able to duplicate the crash, and I got busy/distracted on other things.

I'm happy to hear the crashing stopped. I didn't do anything! I think I released a new version for other stuff though.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby kraemder » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:32 pm

Crashing is back 😭.
kraemder

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback