handling of new cards - where are the settings to do this?

handling of new cards - where are the settings to do this?

Postby zeppo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:44 am

Hi, Ernie.

I reinstalled the app after wiping my phone and am trying to remember how to set how I want new cards to be handled. I've navigated all around and can't find the settings for this. Do they perhaps only become available to set once the new cards are loaded? Or is there a default somewhere that I can change for how I want any future new cards in any decks to be handled?

I prefer not to deal with the "introductory" period of study for new cards and just have them go right into my spaced repetition decks and have their scheduling handled there. So in the past I found the best way to address this was to set them to leave "introductory mode" after one correct answer (I believe the default is set for three correct answers in a row), and then just intentionally and quickly answer them all correctly. But as I said, I'm not finding access to any such settings at this time (I currently have no new decks or cards, but will be making some soon).

Thanks
zeppo

Re: handling of new cards - where are the settings to do thi

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:53 pm

If you are not using «adanced» goto card order, SR, settings
Otherwise goto «layout to show», settings
Katja from Hamburg

Postby Ernie » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:15 am

Hi Zeppo,

Sorry for the slow reply. If Katja's answer doesn't solve your problem, let us know.
Yes, the the "spaced repetition settings" screen will have "new to active active" which you can change from 3 to 1.

Thanks Katja.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby zeppo » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 am

Thanks to you both.
zeppo

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback